Who is Litmus:
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
Making a Difference
We are looking for an attorney to assist our General Counsel with the responsibilities of our legal department. This individual must be able to work in collaboration with other Litmus employees in a highly self-driven manner within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. In particular, this position will play a key role in supporting our Sales organization in the contracting process with customers and prospective customers. This position will report to the General Counsel and will be located in our Cambridge office
- Assist the General Counsel with responsibilities of the legal department (such as tasks related to agreement templates, FAQs, training materials, company policies, and HR documentation)
- Support the Sales team by negotiating agreements with customers and prospective customers, such as SaaS subscription agreements, order forms, NDAs, DPAs, and other sales-related documents
- Work with stakeholders across the company to negotiate a variety of different agreements, including vendor, channel partnership and marketing agreements
- Partner with Security team on various tasks related to maintenance of our data privacy and security programs, including making policy updates to remain in compliance with applicable laws, advising internal stakeholders on legal requirements, responding to data subject inquiries, and assisting with vendor intake and risk management assessments
- Complete legal research and projects as assigned by the General Counsel
- Assist other Litmus departments with legal-related questions and tasks, including identifying and communicating risks associated with specific agreements
- Handle legal department administrative tasks
What are we looking for?
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and a member of the bar
- 3-5 years of working on commercial contracts, either at a law firm or in-house legal department, including experience negotiating and drafting SaaS agreements
- Working knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and general data privacy matters as related to commercial contracts
- Experience negotiating customer and vendor DPAs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A keen sense of business judgment in the context of assessing legal risk
- Ability to distill and explain complex legal issues to a variety of employees
- Strong skills with legal-related software (such as Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to work autonomously to organize, prioritize and manage hard month/quarter-end deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Professional and approachable demeanor with strong business ethics
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays
- Remote friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from our beautifully designed and well-equipped Cambridge, MA headquarters. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.