Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
As the Legal Director you will be a generalist responsible for developing and managing best practices for all legal matters within the organization. You will provide legal guidance to senior leadership as necessary on all business matters. This role will have a focus on the following areas:
- Contracts: draft, negotiate, review and manage a variety of contracts and documents across multiple departments
- Compliance: lead various corporate compliance initiatives throughout the organization; security
- Tax & Insurance: collaborate with the finance team and external tax advisors on tax and insurance related issues
- General Legal Counsel: provide guidance and ensure legal compliance in all areas of the business
- Employment Law: partner with human resources on employment and labor issues
What are we looking for?
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Experience in-house at a high growth technology company; preferably a SaaS business
- Strong contract drafting & negotiation skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex legal and business concepts
- An independent and resourceful expert with the ability to identify potential risks and challenges and provide strategic solutions
- A motivated individual with the drive and passion to establish a best in class in-house legal function at a rapidly growing company
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from one of our two beautifully designed and well-equipped US offices in San Mateo, CA or Cambridge, MA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.